The Future Is Now: 7 Ways AI is Driving Advancements in Healthcare
The future of healthcare will be AI-driven. From diagnosing a rare illness to providing predictive care, AI has already begun to play a pivotal role in managing our health and well-being and will offer endless opportunities to learn more about the intricate miracle of the human body. With that knowledge will come innovations that today are unimaginable.
Here are seven ways that AI is driving innovation and advancements in healthcare today
1) Predictive Healthcare - Predictive Healthcare uses data from wearables to predict risks for patients and provide personalized care plans based on their needs. It offers the opportunity to improve patient outcomes by predicting risks and personalizing care for each individual. It can also reduce costs by preventing illness and hospitalization.
2) Elder Safe Technology - New technological developments in healthcare can alleviate the burden of families caring for their elderly. An early example is an AI-controlled motion sensor system that can detect when a memory patient's behavior changes and alert their caregiver. One day, AI will help more people live independently for longer and provide earlier detection of medical problems.
3) Personalized Medicine - Personalized Medicine uses AI to analyze essential patient information and provide custom treatments based on the specific needs of each individual. AI is already being used in hospitals to help doctors and other medical professionals make better decisions. AI can recognize patterns and predict potential outcomes, which saves time and helps prevent errors.
4) Wearables - Wearable devices such as sensors and smartwatches are now widely used in healthcare. These devices allow doctors to monitor patients remotely and better understand their overall health. The primary concern with wearable devices is that they can be hacked and used to access sensitive patient information. In response, some hospitals have restricted the use of these internet-connected devices.
5) Digital Therapy - Digital therapy is a new frontier in mental health care. Digital agents like text messages, phone calls, or Skype sessions are programmed to provide treatments for mental health conditions like depression and anxiety. At the moment, digital therapists are not fully autonomous. They can't monitor their patients or adapt to each person's needs during a session. However, this technology can be beneficial for people who cannot access in-person mental health treatment. It may also appeal to the silent population of adults who are more comfortable expressing themselves with their thumbs.
6) Telehealth - Telehealth uses AI to create a virtual patient simulation and a virtual doctor. They can develop personalized treatment plans for patients based on their needs and data from wearables. Telehealth will also be crucial for those with a lack of access to healthcare.
7) Therapeutic games - use AI technology to improve physical activity, mental health, and cognitive abilities. They can allow people to play the game without needing to be present, provide a personalized motivational coach and offer competitive gaming experiences with other people worldwide.
Key takeaway on the future of AI in healthcare
AI technology has the potential to revolutionize how we approach healthcare. Unlocking the secrets of our bodies will make it easier to care for every body. However, for AI to provide adequate health care, it must be accessible and affordable. We're not there yet, but with advancements in technology, AI could be the solution to many of our healthcare dilemmas and the key to quality healthcare for us all.